Ohioans deserve justice — Let’s abolish the death penalty! Scroll down to register!
Ohio Faith Communities for Death Penalty Abolition Week
Friday October 8th – Sunday October 17th
Join people of faith across Ohio to stand in solidarity for abolition of the death penalty. Recognizing the injustices in our criminal justice system, we are unwilling to participate in the cruel and inhumane practice of sentencing our fellow neighbors to death. We join together across religious traditions calling in one voice for the abolition of the death penalty. Our goal is to register 1 faith community from each of Ohio’s 88 counties– check out the map below to see our progress. Register below and let’s light up this map!
There are several ways to participate:
- Yard sign or public display of support
- Bulletin insert or email to community
- Prayer service or vigil
- Inclusion in sermon/message during service
- Letter writing or phone banking party – write to our legislators
- Letter to the editor from faith leader or member
- October 19 Lobby day at the statehouse
- Sign onto the Ohio Faith Leader letter urging Ohio to repeal the death penalty